Monday, January 26, 2009

A Dream Come True

I was recently called to be a den leader for cub scouts. I have since learned that this is a job many people do not want to have. For me, on the other hand, it was a dream come true! When I was a kid I was so jealous that my brother could be a cub scout but I couldn't. And there was no way I'd ever be a dumb girl scout! So, I finally get my chance. I have my very own shirt of which I've sewn my leader badges on and I wear the coveted shirt whenever I get the chance.

Now I've been to a few scouting leader meetings and I know there are a bunch of people that are really into it. I mean scary into it. I'm not like that but I love it when the boys come to den meeting and we just have a great time. Needless to say, it is fun and I like it!

Anyway, the point in writing all that is to say that I had some scout leader training on Saturday and in one of the classes they put a little paint on our faces. When I came home both my kids thought it was pretty cool. I sat Luke on my lap and he slowly reached his hand up and lightly touched the paint on my face then a huge grin appeared on his face. He continued doing that for about five minutes. It was so adorable and precious. It just made me love him all the more.

After this, he'll probably start day dreaming about becoming a scout too!

3 comments:

  1. At least for Luke it is a dream that can come true in childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul and I were Webelos leaders a while back and I loved it. I didn't ever go to the scary meetings though...it would have been amusing, I'm sure. But I always thought of you dressed up like Nikki saying, "We-Below."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are so into Cub Scouts. I think I would hate that calling, so rock on! Also, Luke is adorable.

    ReplyDelete